New York Office Manager
Piece & Co. seeks a motivated and organized individual to be our Office Manager / Business Coordinator in our newly opening NYC office. The office manager will initially report to the COO and will play a strong role in setting the tone of this new office.
Piece & Co. launched in 2011 with a mission to bring artisan-made textiles to the forefront of the fashion industry. Our design company has developed beautiful and innovative textiles for leading global fashion brands such as Tory Burch, Nike, Opening Ceremony, Diane von Furstenberg, and many others.
We believe that good design is good for the world and are committed to finding, training and cultivating artisan cooperatives that support and empower women around the globe. Our supply chain is unique in the industry and we work with more than 40 cooperatives across 13 countries. Our focus is on building lasting relationships with both our customers and our artisans to ensure sustainability for all our stakeholders.
This is an exciting time for Piece & Co. as we are expanding our team and broadening our market reach. If you are a highly driven, self-directed, entrepreneurial person who wants to help shape the future of design Piece & Co. offers a unique opportunity.
Piece & Co. is looking an enthusiastic, Jack or Jill-of-all trades to be NYC Office Manager. This is a chance to get to learn the breadth of the business – from product development to marketing & sales, as well as general operations.
The right candidate will be organized to a fault, will be a great problem solver and will relish finding the us best deal for everything from Keurig Cups to DHL rates. We want a self-starter who is always looking for the next project to dive into, and who can juggle multiple tasks while keeping the team up-to-date with clear, concise communication.
- Work closely with the COO to find, set up and create the tone for the NYC office.
- Be the first, friendly face our visitors meet when they come to the office.
- Handle everything from phone calls to deliveries to the cleaning crew, and keep the office on track and humming; ensure the office is stocked, shiny and orderly.
- Support CEO and COO with travel, calendar and admin support as needed.
- Organize and manage all digital and physical filing systems and support team with paperwork, technology and software challenges.
- Help with day-to-day data entry needs on the Infor ERP (Cloud Suite Industrial) & CRM system.
- Support the controller, with day-to-day management of employee expense reports, customer and artisan purchase orders, and accounts receivable.
- Own and organize the shipping process (and relationships with shipping providers, e.g., DHL, FEDEX) for all national and international shipments.
- Support HR with distribution of onboarding and off-boarding materials and procedures for contractors and employees around the globe.
- Manage intern recruiting program and all paperwork for the Universities.
- Liaison with key agency partners (photographer, copywriter, printer, designer, etc.) to ensure all projects stay on schedule and report any red flags to appropriate team lead.
- 2-4 years working experience with college degree or equivalent
- Organized to a fault!
- Strong verbal (phone and in-person) and written communication skills.
- Deep proficiency MS office suite – extra points for proficiency with ERP and CRM systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic start-up environment that provides limited structure but lots of opportunity.
- Passion for our mission to empower women artisans globally.
Base salary & benefits.
Salary commensurate with experience and benefits.
Position is based in NYC with nominal travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter to email@example.com that gives us a sense of who you are and will make us excited to meet you! Please also provide two (2) examples of your ability to organize and problem solve based on your experience. Social media links relevant to your professional skills/background are also welcome if you’d care to share, e.g., LinkedIn, a blog, etc.