Piece & Co. seeks a highly motivated and analytical individual to be our Business Analyst in our newly opening NYC office. The Business Analyst will initially report to the COO and will work closely with the controller and finance lead.
Piece & Co. launched in 2011 with a mission to bring artisan-made textiles to the forefront of the fashion industry. Our design company has developed beautiful and innovative textiles for leading global fashion brands such as Tory Burch, Nike, Opening Ceremony, Diane von Furstenberg, and many others.
We believe that good design is good for the world and are committed to finding, training and cultivating artisan groups who are typically run and staffed by women. Our supply chain is unique in the industry and we work with dozens of groups that span SE Asia, Africa, South America and India. Our focus is on building lasting relationships with both our customers and our artisans to ensure sustainability for all our stakeholders.
This is an exciting time for Piece & Co. as we are expanding our team and broadening our market reach. If you are a highly driven, self-directed, entrepreneurial person who wants to help shape the future of Piece & Co., this role offers a unique opportunity.
The Business Analyst is an integral member of our growing Finance & Operations team who will initially report to the COO. The Business Analyst’s goals are to actively support the executive team in making business decisions and to drive results within the company.
The Business Analyst is an individual contributor who thrives on the challenges inherent in dissecting complex business problems. The ideal candidate likes to roll up his or her sleeves and dig into data, spreadsheets and business models. Analytical dexterity, ability to quickly learn new systems, and excellent communication skills are critical to success in this position
▪ Suggest, configure and test custom reports, dashboards and various applications for all parts of the business (finance, production, sales, etc.) to support management decisions and drive business.
▪ Work collaboratively across the organization on various projects to translate data into clear, concise and compelling analysis and reports and present finding.
▪ Assist in developing and maintaining the Company’s budget and forecast.
▪ Produce monthly/quarterly/annual reports, comparing actual results to budget and identifying variances.
▪ Track and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Company and identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data.
▪ Develop KPI learnings into executive reports, dashboards and scorecards for presentation to executive team.
▪ Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements within the Company and create ad hoc reports based on business needs.
▪ Assist in preparation of presentations for the Company’s Board of Directors and investors.
▪ Leverage the Company’s ERP/CRM system (Infor) to drive reporting and analytical needs.
▪ Bachelor’s degree.
▪ 3+ years experience as a business analyst.
▪ Experience with ERP/CRM systems (such as Infor).
▪ Very strong Microsoft Office skills are essential (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Access).
▪ Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
▪ Strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Experience in the fashion / retail industry is a plus.
▪ Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic start-up environment that provides limited structure but lots of opportunity.
▪ Passion for our mission to empower women artisans globally.
▪ No jerks ☺
Salary & benefits.
Position is based in NYC and there may be the occasional travel outside the City.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter to email@example.com that gives us a sense of who you are as a person and what interests you about this job. Please also provide two (2) examples of impact you made through process improvements, tracking methods or other analyses that you drove (of course feel free to mask company names and do not share any proprietary information!) Any relevant links to your professional skills/background are also welcome if you’d care to share, e.g., LinkedIn, a blog, etc.