Product Development Interns - NYC Office
Piece & Co. is looking for 3-4 Product Development Interns to support our team in our New York City office beginning in August 2016 for the Fall term.
Piece & Co. launched in 2011 with a mission to bring artisan-made textiles to the forefront of the fashion industry. Our design company has developed beautiful and innovative textiles for leading global fashion brands such as Tory Burch, Nike, Opening Ceremony, Diane von Furstenberg, and many others.
We believe that good design is good for the world and we are committed to finding, training and cultivating artisan cooperatives that support and empower women around the globe. Our supply chain is unique in the industry and we work with more than 40 cooperatives across 15 countries. Our focus is on building lasting relationships with both our customers and our artisans to ensure sustainability for all our stakeholders.
Piece & Co. is looking for passionate and motivated interns to work with our Director of Textile Development. Daily activities will vary from creating inspiration boards, to developing tech packs, to pulling swatches for sales calls, and supporting the Fabric R&D Manager with projects as they arise.
- Work with our product development team to execute complex projects such as developing our collection and preparing swatches for customers.
- Work off tech packs and design inspiration images to create sample products; light sewing skills is a plus!
- Create presentation boards and do trend research.
- Improve our sample catalogue by taking photos of completed projects and recording development notes.
- Maintain fabric library.
- Assist in design allocation within global artisan network.
- Comfortable with Excel, Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Strong textile knowledge.
- Knowledge of the NYC garment district.
- Passion for our mission to empower women artisans globally.
- No jerks. ☺
Unpaid position; must be able to receive educational credit.
Fun, casual office in the heart of NYC.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and short cover letter to email@example.com telling us about yourself and why you're a great fit for Piece & Co. Please feel free to include any relevant links to social media, blogs, portfolios and the like.