Artisan Development Manager - Africa
Piece & Co. is an innovative textile design company that blends modern techniques with traditional artisan capabilities to make a global impact. We believe that good design is good for the world and are committed to finding, training and cultivating artisan cooperatives that support and empower women around the globe. Our supply chain is unique in the industry, working with more than 40 cooperatives across the globe and leading brands such as Tory Burch, Nike, Opening Ceremony & Diane von Furstenberg.
Piece & Co. is actively looking for experienced production managers and product developers globally who are interested in this dynamic role. Our Artisan Development Managers work directly with our artisan partners in country to building strong relationships, train key processes, and manage production. The role is integral to our mission, enabling artisan business to scale.
- Day-to-day management & ownership of product development, sample, and production programs.
- etailed follow up of pre-production, production, and post-production materials.
- esponsible for on time delivery & accuracy of developments, sample and production programs.
- Vetting new groups to assure that our artisans are performing up to our standards, have a safe work environment, and fair wages for all.
- Training groups on key processes to ensure success; maintaining open dialogue with suppliers.
- Content creation with our marketing team to tell ongoing stories through: Journal Entries, Photography, Videography, Interviewing.
- Regional Research: Aiding expansion efforts by finding new artisan groups & product inspiration, attending local industry events and addressing specific supply chain barriers.
- 5+ years in product development and/or production management
- Strong knowledge of textiles and handcrafts
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proven relationship development skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic and independent environment
- assion for our mission to empower women artisans globally
Base salary, performance based bonus
Travel a key element of the role
Looking for a manager based in Africa (Preferably Kenya, Ethiopia, Ghana, or South Africa)
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org that gives us a sense of who you are as a person and what interests you about this job. Social media links relevant to your professional skills/background are also welcome if you’d care to share, e.g., LinkedIn, Pinterest, a blog, etc.